FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
The most frequently asked question we receive is how to ‘enlarge’ the fonts of the course reading material in the SmartLook Viewer. When you click on the course material to read in Step 2, it will open in the SmartLook Viewer. Once opened click with your mouse directly on the face of the document. This will enlarge the document. Once in this mode, at the top of the document, you will see a ‘slider’ bar with a – and + sign at each end. The fonts can be enlarged tenfold using this slider bar. The SmartLook Viewer was actually installed to benefit our ‘visually impaired’customers.
New Courses Added and Updated
Trauma Patients Alcohol Screening
Standard CEUs/NBCC CEUs: 2
A quick guide that discusses and illustrates with examples alcohol screening and brief interventions for patients entering trauma centers. Very well written.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Standard CEUs: 3 Cost: $9
NBCC CEUs: 2 Cost: $6
This course introduces the reader to the signs, symptoms, causes and types of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). It also explores immediate post injury complications as well as long term problems associated with TBI.
Therapy Never Includes Sex
Standard/NBCC CEUs: 2
This booklet was written for the consumer by the California Department of Consumer Affairs and is a joint project of the California Board of Psychology and the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. It contains pertinent information for the licensed therapist, counselor, social worker and any other professional in a ‘healer’ position.
ADHD – Updated!
Standard CEUs: 4 Cost: $12
NBCC CEUs: 3 Cost: $9
The information for this course was compiled by the Department of Health and Human Services and gives a brief overview of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and how it affects adults and children.
To see another side of Quantum Units Education and to connect with us in a more personal manner see our newly designed Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages.
Like Us On Facebook!
Follow Us on Twitter!
Subscribe to Our Channel on YouTube!
Due to the differences in style and preferences for receiving communication that each of us lean toward, we at Quantum Units Continuing Education provide many different avenues for our participants to stay in touch and up-to-date regarding new CEU courses that are added to our curriculum each month as well as website upgrades. Several of these avenues provide for 2-way communication allowing participants to offer feedback and comments.
Find your preferences below and be sure to sign up for one or two methods so that you can start receiving CEU Course updates and offer your feedback.
1. Monthly CEU Newsletter – if your preference is to receive your news via email then Quantum Units Education sends out a ‘brief, no hype’ newsletter of updates on new courses added and any other important information regarding changes to the website that could effect your CEU process. You can sign up for the newsletter directly from the site using the newsletter signup field located in the left side bar on any page of our site or from within your own personal online account.
2. CEU Blog – if your’re a Blog Reader then we encourage you to subscribe to this blog and you will receive immediate notification of any changes or additions made to CEU courses and the website.
3. Facebook – if you are into the fun and ease of Social Networking join our Facebook Fan page: Quantum Units Education. Share our CEUs with your colleagues so they too can benefit from our quality courses, service and low prices! Click on our Discussion tab and make comments and recommendations as to new courses you would like to see added or changes to the website that you would like to see made. We Listen!
4. Twitter – Do You Tweet? We have that too : ) Join Quantum Units Education on Twitter! Suggest new CEU Courses that you would like to see added.
The CEU process doesn’t have to be boring or dreaded. Stay in touch with us on a monthly basis and chip away at your CEUs with new and refreshing courses added monthly. Interact with us on our blog, through Facebook or Twitter – we’d love to read your suggestions!
To All of Our Participants:
Thank you for your continued patronage of QUE as your CEU provider.
It is our policy to add 2 – 3 new courses each month to our site. However, March and April reflect huge upgrades to our website and program. As a result, new courses were not added. We are planning for new courses to be added in May.
Upgrades to the website are based upon a gathering of feedback over time from our participants. We appreciate and take seriously your feedback on the exam forms.
Please familiarize yourself below with the changes that have been made and that are still in the progress through the end of April.
The website has been widened and the fonts changed and enlarged throughout to enhance viewing for participants who are visually impaired.
All course material now opens within the SmartLook Viewer. This was made available to improve the accessibility of our courses to even more participants. Within the Viewer you can: enlarge the fonts, email the course material to yourself or a friend, search for keywords, print the entire document at once or print just the page you are viewing. See how the SmartLook Viewer works.
If you have an email address on file, certificates will automatically be ’emailed’ to all participants immediately after taking and paying for an online exam. As well, certificates will automatically be emailed to all home study participants. Be sure to check your inbox or your ‘spam’ folder for your certificates.
All online exams will be converted from the current ‘drop down’ menu answer choice to a ‘click button’ answer choice. This will make entering your answers on the electronic exam go much faster! You will see this change take place gradually with all existing exams throughout the month of April until all ‘current’ exams have been transferred to the new format.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Telephone Support hours are Monday – Thursday from Noon to 4:00 pm PST. In order to keep prices at a minimum for our participants we are unable to provide full time telephone support. Toll Free (877) 665-3311. Leave a message and your call will be returned within a few hours and no later than 24 hours.
Our online support ticket system functions 7 days a week. You will receive a prompt response. An email address is required to use the online support system.
All course material and exam worksheets in Step 1 and Step 2 when taking an online course will be opened and viewed through our new SmartLook Viewer. No other changes have been made to the electronic exams or any other part of the site that effects testing.
You will now find the material in Step 1 (exam worksheet) and Step 2 (course material) will automatically open in the SmartLook Viewer once the green buttons have been pressed. Additionally, by right clicking with your mouse each button you will be given the option to download the material to your desktop as a pdf file.
The purpose of making this change is to accommodate as many participants as possible by expanding the accessibility of our courses beyond our old format of just PDF or HTML (web) viewing. Flip page technology is the newest technology available on the web for viewing and reading documents from within your browser while providing you with many other options.
Once your material is open within the SmartLook Viewer you will see there are many options available such as:
1. View the material in Full Screen Mode (allows for zooming in and zooming out). This mode also allows participants to change the view from ‘presentation’ to ‘magazine’ to ‘paper’.
2. Press the download button to immediately download and open the document in Adobe Acrobat for reading and printing from your desktop.
3. Click with your mouse anywhere on the document to enlarge the page. Once enlarged you will have full control over zoom in and zoom out capabilities.
4. Print just the page you are viewing. You can print the entire document via use of the download button.
5. Search Feature: search keywords within the document. This is particularly helpful when trying to answer questions from the exam worksheet. Look up keywords to assist you.
By clicking on the image ‘Need Help?’ below each course you will see a sample of the SmartLook Viewer. We have created descriptions of each of the icons and what they mean. Please take a moment to view this information in order to familiarize yourself with this new technology. You can take a look here if you like.
Quantum Units Continuing Education makes every effort to improve the quality of our program. We do this based upon the exceptional feedback we receive from our participants on your exam form – each and every exam evaluation is reviewed by our staff.